Buildings with a better economic value
Did you know?
Share of operations and maintenance in total building costs over 30 years
Urban population growth by 2050
- Increasing population and urbanization in the world: growing rate of construction, need to be able to adapt and build quickly to meet the population's needs
- Cost is a driver at all stages of the building's lifecycle
- At Saint-Gobain: we want to provide solutions to assist stakeholders at all stages
7-15% of the total cost of the building is cost of architects in design phase
Before the construction is completed, need to optimize the process
- 3 main drivers:
- Efficiency at the design stage of the building: bringing solutions, services and documents to ease the work of the different stakeholders in the conception of a new building
- Efficiency of the construction process: enable quicker completion of the construction, by better management on site, conformity with standards and technical approval, ...
- Optimized cost of installation: reduced installation time, less accessories, solutions easier to install and to adapt to real jobsite configuration, ...
Improving cost of ownership
- 3 main drivers:
- Optimize operating cost: limit the impact of external negative incidents by increasing protection and early detection of events, design builsings easy to repair, use easy-to-maintain solutions, ..
- Efficiency at the end-of-life of the building: optimize demolition and deconstruction, enable re-use of building parts, minimize landfill and other disposal costs
- Increased value of property: from the design stage, favor durable construction with low energy consumption, low maintenance and easy renovation
How we contribute
Saint-Gobain solutions are available to take action at all lifecycle stages:
Design stage: tools and documents to support designers, BIM objects
Construction stage: lightweight construction systems, off-site manufacturing, logistics services
Operating stage: safe solutions, easy to maintain, long-lasting solutions
End-of-life: solutions easy to deconstruct, dismount or recycle ; recycling services